Berlin Memorial Hospital Supports an Active Security Program to:
• Protect patients, visitors, and employees from harm and reasonable fear of harm.
• Maintain an acceptable level of order, control, and safety in the various hospital buildings and hospital grounds.
• Protect personnel and hospital property from theft, misuse, and vandalism.
• Enforce the various hospital rules and regulations.
• Provide security officers during the night time period.
Surveillance cameras are installed in various parts of the building to monitor activity.
Door Locking Policy
All doors to the hospital will be locked at 2000 hrs. (8pm) The Emergency Department (ED) Door will be locked between the hours of 12 midnight and 5 am. The main hospital doors open every day at 0600hrs. (6am).
The parking lots have areas specifically designated for Special Needs, Handicapped, and Emergency customers, staff and visitors.